The Mott Foundation Building is a 1929 limestone high rise
that is the centerpiece of downtown Flint. The main entrance was
to be renovated and updated. Chezcore, Inc. was hired to perform
the new masonry and stonework. Working closely with the architect
and the owner's representative, the existing entrance area was dismantled.
This revealed the entrance’s original structure. New back-up
block walls and columns were then built. One hundred thirteen new
limestone, granite, and marble units of various shapes were meticulously
fabricated, laid out, and installed per plans and specifications.
The original and new stone units were integrated together. The end
result was a perfect match. The completed entrance area is a showpiece
of the building.